Fire and Emergency Service Instructor
In order to meet our expanding training offerings, Southwest Fire Academy is actively seeking experienced Fire and Emergency Service Instructors in a variety of disciplines. We are committed to providing training under the following core principles:
- Safe Training (5:1 Student to Instructor for Increased Hazard Exposure Training)
- Quality Training (Qualified Experienced Instructors and the best equipment in the industry)
- Affordable Training
We have over 4000 instructional hours to cover, including weekday, weekend, and evening training sessions. Southwest Fire Academy operates out of its new training facility located in Waubaushene Ontario, as well as at fire departments across Ontario. Southwest Fire Academy is seeking instructors for any of the programs you see on our website, as we are always interested in expanding our roster of qualified professionals.
- Certified NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level I and II
- Certified NFPA 1041 Fire Service Instructor Level I
- Certified in any other discipline you wish to instruct
- Practical experience in the field you wish to instruct
- Current First Aid / CPR / Defib
- Two Letters of reference
- Certified 1041 Fire Service Instructor Level II
- Certified NFPA 1521 Incident Safety Officer
- OFM Associate Instructor
- OFMEM Provincial Evaluator
- Canadian Armed Forces experience
- Submit a resume and attach copies of certificates electronically to email@example.com, complete with a cover letter and 200 to 250 word bio of your professional experience.
- You may be invited to interview with SFA owners and/or Business Administrator, during which you will be evaluated on your knowledge of subject matter and practical skills.
- If successful in the interview, you will be required to shadow a course under the direction of a lead instructor. This is done at no cost to SFA and is your final evaluation as a prospective instructor.
- Welcome aboard!
If you have skills or services unrelated to the above job posting(s) that you feel would be advantageous to Southwest Fire Academy, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. SFA is rapidly expanding, and we invite new opportunities for diversification.
By submitting this form, I agree that Southwest Fire Academy may call, text and/or email me about their educational services*