SFA Policies / Forms / SOG's
Quick links to downloads of important policies for students attending courses at Southwest Fire Academy:
- SFA Training Safety Plan
- 000-000.6 - Policy Index
- 000-001.2 - Policy Intent and Application
- 000-002.2 - Course and Student Records
- 000-003.1 - Driver License Confirmation for NFPA 1002
- 100-001.5 - Health and Safety Policy
- 300-001.1 - COVID-19 Procedures
- 300-001 - COVID-19 Assessment Document
- 400-001.3 - Student Refunds - Rebooking Fees
- 400-001C.6 - Student Enrollment Contract - Vocational
- 400-003.1 - Student Enrollment Contract - Non-Vocational
- 400-004.2 - Use of Personal Information
- 400-005.2 - Student Complain Policy
- 400-006.4 - Student Expulsion Policy
- 400-007.1 - Statement of Students' Rights and Responsibilities
- 400-008.2 - Student Grade Release
- 400-009.2 - OFMEM Certification Testing for Volunteer Firefighters
- 400-010.2 - Student Refunds - Rebooking Fees - Non-Vocational
- 500-001.2 - Staff Uniform Policy
- 600-001.2 - Violence and Harassment Policy
- 600-002.2 - Alternative Admission Test - PCC
- 600-003.1 - Non-Discrimination Policy
- 600-004.1 - Student Accommodations and Access to Testing
- 600-006.1 - Advisory Board
- 600-007.1 - Student Appeals
- 600-008.1 - Test Instrument Security
- 600-009.1 - Evaluators and Proctors
- 700-001.1 - Program Review
- 700-002.1 - Pre-Class Readiness Procedures
- 700-003.1 - Training Safety Plans
Please register online in the in the training section. Class joining instructions and pre-course materials will be emailed to you immediately upon registration. If you require text books or rental gear please ensure to select it during the registration process online. Registrations are not finalized until payment is recieved.
If you have any questions about your level of preparedness for your course please contact SFA at email@example.com.
Applicants are responsible to ensure all prerequisites and pre-class work for courses are complete prior to attending the course. Participants who attend the course without the appropriate prerequisite or pre-class work completed will be asked to leave the course and no refund will be given.
Course fees must be paid in full prior to the course and can be paid by Visa, MasterCard, Interact, Cash, e-transfer or Cheque. Exception is made for departments who have set up prior billing accounts with the Southwest Fire Academy. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-582-0999 to discuss financial assistance.
Harmonized Sales Tax is charged on all courses applicable. All course fees listed do not include the applicable HST.
If Southwest Fire Academy cancels a course for any reason, the applicant shall have the choice of a refund of the amount of monies paid or a credit towards another course. If an applicant registers for a course and cancels, the following refund policy shall apply:
- Cancel within two weeks of start of course or does not attend - No Refund
- Cancel prior to two weeks of start of course - 50% refund less any fees incurred by SFA
- Cancel within one week of registration - full refund less any fees incurred by SFA
While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, the Southwest Fire Academy has the right to modify any program, course, location, timetable, or fee without prior notice. The Southwest Fire Academy reserves the right to cancel a course because of insufficient registrations or for other budgetary reasons in the event the Southwest Fire Academy exercises such a right, Southwest Fire Academy's sole liability will be the credit of any monies paid, if applicable by the applicant.